Last updated: Saturday Nov 25, 2023 at 1:03pm EST. In case you’ve been here before I add new items at the bottom of each list.
It’s that time of year when deals abound for everything from every day essentials like Fender Acoustasonics to less necessary items like guitar strings. Below I’ll share all the best guitar and gear deals I can find. If there is something I’m missing please email me (karol AT artofshred dot com) or leave a comment on this post. Thank you!
Note: Some of the links below may be referral links. It doesn’t change your price but I may earn a commission if you purchase something. Thanks for your support!
Best Black Friday Guitar & Amp Deals:
A lot of the deals I’m seeing this year are underwhelming (and some of the deals aren’t just for Black Friday anyway) but it’s not all bad. I am not, however, listing every single $20 off or poorly thought out promotion because what’s the point of that? (BTW, to the companies who don’t know how to run event based promotions, let me help!)
(All links will open in a new tab.)
- $499 Fender Acoustasonic Player Telecaster in mint condition from Franklin Guitar Works (these cost $1199 new so this is a pretty wild deal!)
- $99.99 Nashville Guitar Works Electric or Acoustic and includes 1 year of Fender Play guitar instruction (until 12/31/23)
- Taylor Guitars buy one at full price get a Baby Taylor BT1 for $99 or GS Mini Sapele for $199 (every major retailer; ends 01/15/24; call your favorite store and you’ll get 10% or more off your full priced Taylor instead if you don’t want the BOGO offer. I bought a 214ce for 15% off! Been waiting to buy it for months.)
- My favorite small practice amp, the Spark Go is even cheaper than when they launched it. Get it for $99 on Amazon. And watch my review of the Spark Go here.
- Musician’s Friend is having a Stupid Deal of the Hour today. Sometimes the deals are really good and often they’re not, but it’s worth checking out.
- Fender Door Busters like a $288 Classic Vibe ’60s Jaguar, ’60s Classic Vibe Esquire for $280, and a $120 Squier Bullet Telecaster
- $379 Epiphone SG Traditional Pro in black or gold ($399 in burgundy)
Best Black Friday Guitar Pedal, Pickup, and Accessories Deals:
- Buy One Get One Free CB Series pedals (one knob Fuzz, Distortion, or Overdrive) from Catalinbread (2 pedals for $120)
- Buy One Get One Free Eastwood Black Box Series pedals with code PEDALBOGO
- 25% off all JHS pedals (every major retailer, but if you want to support ArtOfShred then buy on Reverb)
- Flamma and Joyo guitar pedals for 20% off on Amazon (This is a deal we see a few times/year but if you’ve been thinking about picking up some cheap pedals now’s a good time to get them cheaper)
- $99 Boss DS-1W Waza Craft distortion pedal ($50 off this DS-1 upgrade; every major retailer, but if you want to support ArtOfShred then buy on Reverb)
- 25% off all DiMarzio pickups and products. They do this sale only once per year, so this is the time to upgrade your pickups.
- 25% off select Schecter pickups and guitars
- Empress Effects is having a 15% off Scratch & Dent sale with code 15%SCRATCHBLACK15%. I bought a Heavy Menace to do a comparison video with the Heavy (my favorite heavy distortion which I bought during last year’s S&D sale). Here’s my review of the Empress Effects Heavy.
Black Friday Music Production Detals
- ToonTrack EZMix 2 for $30 and free expansion packs with purchase of Superior Drummer 3, EZDrummer 3, EZBass, or EZKeys 2. I am likely purchasing EZMix 2 and EZDrummer 3 so I can hopefully make my YouTube demos a little better.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you about MT Power Drum Kit 2. It’s not as full featured as EZDrummer, but it’s free.
- Shure SM57 instrument and SM58 vocal mics on sale for $89 (not a good deal unless you need one but since these are sort of industry standard workhorse mics I thought I’d share)
Join Riff City and I’ll email you great guitar and gear deals throughout the year:
I promise only to email you with interesting guitar news, Art of Shred updates, and deals. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.